The Circleville High School Marching Band is slated to begin on-site rehearsals starting the week of July 6th. Ahead of the start of practices, small groups, and rehearsals, CHS band families should have received an email on Monday covering an array of topics pertinent to their student’s return to campus next week.
See below for details:
Safety Protocols and Waiver
Attached to this email please find the safety protocols for all rehearsals and uniform fittings. Please review these with your student. These protocols follow local, state, and NFHS guidelines for a safe return to marching band rehearsals.
Please note that face coverings must be worn upon arrival, departure, and when not actively rehearsing for all rehearsals and uniform fittings. Keep in mind that the majority of the time will be spent actively rehearsing and spaced out; therefore, students will not be wearing a face covering for three hours straight.
Parents are required to review and sign a waiver with their student to allow a return to rehearsing. Students will not be permitted to rehearse if the waiver is not completed. If you have not yet received the waiver or have concerns about signing the waiver, please contact Mr. Espie at email@example.com for assistance.
- Below, please find the rehearsal calendar for this summer. We are on “Plan B” Calendar, which meets local and state guidelines for a safe return to rehearsals.
- If you are not going to be able to attend a rehearsal, you must provide in-writing a notice to Mr. Espie at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you know. Please note, this does not guarantee the absent will be counted as an excused absence.
Arrivals and Departures
- Below, please find the arrival and departure paths.
- When arriving for Sectionals and Uniform Fittings, please do not arrive more than 5-10 minutes prior to your scheduled time. Please remain socially distanced and be wearing your face covering while waiting for your health screening.
- When arriving for Full Band Rehearsals, including Pre-Camp, Band Camp, and Post-Camp, please arrive during your scheduled arrival windows, which will be published closer to that time. Please remain socially distanced and be wearing your face covering while waiting for your health screening.
- When departing, please be sure not to congregate in the parking lots or any area on the campus. Please have your rides ready as close to the conclusion of rehearsals as possible to eliminate as much waiting as possible. Please remain socially distanced and be wearing your face covering while waiting for your ride.
- Your student should have signed up for a uniform fitting time slot on Google Classroom by this time. Please ensure they have signed up for a slot. These are to ensure proper spacing.
- Seniors are on July 7; Juniors and Sophomores are on July 9 (which is a slight change from what is listed on the calendar); Freshmen are on July 14 (which is a slight change from what is listed on the calendar).
- When arriving, please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to the time slot.
- When arriving, and throughout the fitting, students must wear a face covering. Staff and volunteers will be wearing their face covering throughout the fittings, as well.
Band Camp Meals
- The band boosters work hard to provide our students with a morning snack and typically one meal per day of band camp. The menu for this year is listed below in case you have any dietary or other concerns:
- Monday Dinner: Chris’ Cakes – Pancakes, sausage, and a dessert
- Tuesday Dinner: Taesty’s Food Truck – Pulled pork sandwich, fries, and a dessert
- Wednesday Dinner: Cardos – Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, and a Dairy Queen Dilly Bars
- Thursday Lunch: Buffalo Wild Wings
- Thursday Dinner: Richie’s Deli Sandwiches, chips, and a dessert
- Friday Dinner: Goodwin’s chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans (students will be fed after rehearsal)
- Students will need to pack their own lunch for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- All meals and morning snacks will be served in a manner that is compliant with health and safety guidelines.
- Attached to this email please find information regarding the $100 participation fee due on July 22.
- Attached to this email please find information regarding the uniform policy, which has an acknowledgement that must be signed and returned.
- Below, please find the information to join the band Remind. It is important for students to join this, as this is the quickest way to disseminate information from the directors to the students. Parents are also allowed to join.
- Despite it being summer, the directors frequently post important material on Google Classroom. Please make sure your student checks this often.
- The band and the band boosters are on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, which are frequently used to disseminate information.
- The band has a Google Calendar that you can sink with your own. This is kept up to date with rehearsal and performance dates/times.